DeanHouston+ has more than 30 years in B2B marketing, with four offices across the country – Cincinnati, Chicago, Los Angeles and Nashville. Our Chicago office is looking for a SEO specialist to help the Demand Generation team in the day-to-day execution of lead generation, performance-driven marketing, and project management. While this position requires a broad understanding of digital marketing as a discipline, this role will place additional focus on search engine optimization, while also collaborating with our Paid Search Advertising team (PPC), to increase visibility and ranking of our client’s websites.
The DeanHouston+ Way
Our vision is to create a unique place where talented people can achieve personal, professional and financial satisfaction doing what they love to do, while dedicating themselves to helping others succeed.
We are committed to building a healthy, resilient, rewarding culture from the inside out. Some of our benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Full health, dental, vision insurance package (PPO and HSA options)
- Paid Parental Bonding Leave
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401K participation with a company match
- Company-sponsored wellness program
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability
- The tools and training for you to determine your career path and growth
SEO Specialist Duties & Responsibilities
Search Engine Optimization:
- Communicates with the client success team regarding SEO performance and helps provide strategic recommendations for website optimization and increased performance.
- Understand the clients’ business goals, target audience, and their industry.
- Conducting keyword research to identify high-value, relevant keywords for target audiences.
- Developing and implementing SEO strategies that align with the clients’ business goals and target audience.
- Optimizing website content, meta tags, and other on-page elements to improve search engine ranking.
- Developing and implementing link-building strategies to increase website authority.
- Works closely with development resources to ensure that all digital customer behavior data and tracking mechanisms are functioning by defined best practices
- Collaborating with the clients’ marketing and development teams to improve the overall user experience and website performance.
- Optimizing images, videos, and other multimedia for SEO
- Works to regularly pull lead generation reports, including lead names, companies and segmentation data at the frequency and in the manner defined by a client’s overall strategic marketing plan
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest SEO trends and best practices, taking a lead role in helping our clients adopt and implement new technology and strategies.
Paid Search Expertise:
- Leverage understanding of search trends and keyword data to provide support to paid search specialists.
- Aid in development and maintenance of PPC campaigns across multiple platforms, including Google Ads, Bing Ads, and social media platforms.
- Conduct keyword research and bid management to maximize ad performance and drive targeted traffic to our website.
- Collaborate with paid search specialists to ensure campaigns align with overall marketing strategy.
- Help manage budgets for PPC campaigns.
- Support the analysis of and report on campaign performance, providing recommendations for optimization and improvement.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, statistics or marketing-related field preferred, or a proven track record as an SEO specialist or a similar role.
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and techniques.
- Experience with website analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, SpyFu, SEMRush, and Screaming Frog SEO Spider.
- Experience with B2B industrial/technical clients preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SEM and PPC advertising is a plus
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, the COVID-19 vaccine is required for new team members.