The Media Planner/Buyer supports the overall media effort for the company and its clients. The position is responsible for assisting in the finalization of media plans and placement of advertisements. In addition, the Media Buyer will analyze media kits and negotiate with media outlets, and act as the direct liaison between the agency and networks and media outlets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for following the media strategies, negotiating rates, planning and execution of plans for all DH clients.
- Responsible for creating and submitting insertion orders, assisting with issuing ad notifications, reviewing ads to make sure they are free from errors and meet quality standard and verifying and approving invoices and settle any media billing discrepancies.
- Develop relationships with the various media contacts for the benefit of our clients.
- Assist the team with monthly and quarterly media reporting.
- Work with client services and content teams to ensure ads are developed to the correct specs, align with planned messaging and submitted on time.
- Work with the client services, content and media teams in other areas as needed.
- Research and review new publications for future buys and write rationale on why it should or shouldn’t be included.
- Develop deep knowledge of client products and services and the markets they serve to be able to make sound recommendations.
- Maintain file of current digital media kits to share as needed with designers and account managers.
- Ensure the DeanHouston’s media contact list and database is continually updated.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently with strengths in prioritizing and organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines across many clients and industries
- Comfortable presenting with clients and new business
- Ability to work with numbers and spreadsheets
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field, preferably Marketing, Communications, Advertising, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in media planning, buying and execution
- Knowledge of digital (re-marketing/re-targeting, site analytics, reporting, etc.)
- Comfortable working in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and Google Suite
- B2B and B2C Media Buying experience preferred
- Media Buying software experience is a plus
- Advertising Agency experience preferred
- Experience with SRDS and Kantar
Why you'll love working here:
- Full health, vision insurance package (PPO and HSA options)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Time Off
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid Short-Term Disability
- 401K participation with 4% company match
- We are committed to employee development. We invest in the latest tools, training, and software so our employees are on the cutting edge of the creative process
- DeanHouston promotes a healthy, happy, and highly collaborative workplace with team gatherings, lunches, and other fun events
Learn more about DeanHouston at our LinkedIn page and our website.
Please note for the health and safety of our team, the COVID-19 vaccine is required.