DeanHouston+ has more than 30 years in B2B marketing, with four offices across the country – Cincinnati, Chicago, Los Angeles and our new Nashville office. Our Nashville team seeks a diversely talented and enthusiastic Marketing Specialist, that isn’t afraid to wear a few hats while we ramp up.
- A servant leader with a passion for client service, who will learn our clients’ businesses and build into the people behind each business.
- An organizer with phenomenal attention to detail, who can track budgets and deliverables for a growing number of clients and projects.
- A persuasive professional communicator, that can deliver client communication that well represents DH+ expertise. An eagle-eyed proofer, that carefully reviews and improves every piece of content before it goes to the client. And, if the stars align and you’re the diversely talented “unicorn” we hope to have join our team – good enough at writing to pitch in with content framework or even development as needed.
We have found great success with team members with the following characteristics:
Inquisitive – Our clients tend to be technical products or service companies, so our marketing is information-rich and objective-based. We constantly ask questions and seek information to improve our knowledge about our clients’ businesses and industries – and so we can create opportunity and impact where it matters.
Adaptable – You will have several clients with unique needs and voices. In any given day you may be creating, coordinating, reminding, leading, planning, estimating, scheduling, reporting, researching, tracking, chasing, briefing, cajoling, inspiring and hopefully laughing along the way.
Team Player – We’re a small Nashville team that taps into specialists throughout DH+ to advance our work, whether strategic or tactical. This Marketing Specialist role is pivotal in setting our teammates, and ultimately clients, up for success. You will collaborate with clients and team members in a way that demonstrates respect and grows lasting relationships. “Whatever it takes” is more than a saying at DH+, it’s how we live.
The Marketing Specialist position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and organization of the activities of our clients.
- Leads projects and project communication from inception through execution
- Provides assistance to, and back-up for, the General Manager
- Solve problems, lend clarity and anticipate client and production team needs
Execute with Excellence:
- Coordinate and manage DH+ or outside resources
- Launch projects successfully, set-up, documentation and kick-off meetings
- Coordinate and manage project reviews, revisions, and approvals
- Regular check-ins to ensure project is in scope, on strategy, on time
- Manage development of, and adherence to, production timelines
- Follow DH+ processes and use Workamajig to effectively manage projects and project scope, including estimates, change orders – and to monitor vendor expenses and internal labor against approved budgets
Writing and Proofing
- General proofing for accuracy, grammar, spelling, and client guideline consistency
- Consistently professional client communication
- Documentation for projects, research, conversation or meeting recaps, status
- Possible thought leadership or social content development or support
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication preferred
- At least 2-3 years in advertising or marketing, preferably in an agency serving in a client service or project management position
- Preferred experience includes B2B industrial/technical, business or creative writing