DeanHouston is hiring an experienced DevOps Specialist with a strong focus on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure), and a good understanding of front end development. The successful candidate will possess broad web server administration knowledge and experience, and the ability to adapt quickly when problems arise that fall outside the extent of their knowledge.
The role will perform a mix of operations and development duties, with a heavy emphasis on cloud infrastructure development operations.
Why you'll love working here:
- Full health, vision insurance package (PPO and HSA options)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Time Off
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid Short-Term Disability
- 401K participation with 4% company match
- We are committed to employee development. We invest in the latest tools, training, and software so our employees are on the cutting edge of the creative process
- DeanHouston promotes a healthy, happy, and highly collaborative workplace with team gatherings, lunches, and other fun events
Role responsibilities include:
- Create new client accounts in AWS and Azure, configure servers, and manage DNS.
- Maintain existing servers - update server software, manage disk space, monitor resource usage. Configure and interpret server logs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server errors.
- Adhere to our backup and recovery policies, contribute to their improvement.
- Participate in the deployment and maintenance of client websites.
What we’re looking for:
- Understanding of web fundamentals such as HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, servers and clients.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud services.
- Linux shell familiarity.
- Some programming experience.
- Experience with relational databases is an asset - MySQL is preferred.
- Some knowledge and experience in version control - Git is preferred.
- Ability to interface and collaborate with project stakeholders.
- Adaptability to changing requirements, processes and methods.
Learn more about DeanHouston at our LinkedIn
page and our website.
Please note that for the health and safety of our team, the COVID-19 vaccine is required.