DeanHouston+ has more than 30 years in B2B marketing, with four offices across the country – Cincinnati, Chicago, Los Angeles and Nashville. Our Chicago (Orland Park) office is looking for a Lead Web Developer. This full-stack developer position is responsible for developing and managing websites, interactive media and web content for our clients, and providing leadership in line with the company’s technical growth in the digital arena.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops high-end/high-quality websites, interactive media and web content, using the latest front-end tools and techniques, for our clients’ service and product offerings.
- Works closely with the design team, client relations team, content development team and digital project managers to ensure consistency of marketing campaigns and brand presentation that is aligned with the clients’ strategies.
- Provides guidance to colleagues and clients, as well as technical skills to integrate disparate technologies, including integration of third party services into client websites through APIs and other methods.
- Interacts with clients to help them determine the best digital solutions for their needs and explains those solutions in an approachable manner.
- Helps internal staff understand our technology offerings and processes to ensure all staff are offering consistent technical advice and recommendations when working with clients.
- Provides technical training, mentorship, and instruction to colleagues and clients in the use of digital tools and technologies.
- Stays current with regard to web industry trends, technologies, and solutions as they emerge.
- Well-developed design sensibility, with design experience a plus
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Independent worker with exceptional time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently with a proven track record of delivering results in a fast paced environment
- Proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment and implement strategies
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to effectively support various levels of personnel
- Quick learner of new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years’ experience in front end web development
- Extensive experience with Wordpress and other content management systems
- Experience working with GitHub, Bitbucket or other online repositories
- Proficient on Mac and Windows systems, as well as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and MS Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with backend web development technologies (PHP, .NET, SQL, Node JS, etc.)
- Experience with basic web server configurations (Apache/Nginx) and familiarity with SSH and the Linux command line
- Experience in registering and configuring domain names
- Familiarity with APIs and third-party integrations a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in web development or related field a plus
- We are committed to building a healthy, resilient, rewarding culture from the inside out. Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full health, dental, vision insurance package (PPO and HSA options)
- Paid Parental Bonding Leave
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401K participation with a company match
- Company-sponsored wellness program
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability
- The tools and training for you to determine your career path and growth